WESTLAND, Mich. –
A woman and her cat are safe after being rescued Friday morning from their burning condo in Westland.

Patricia Stanton said she was alerted to the fire in her condo building on Spring Valley Drive by a neighbor.

“A neighbor called, I was sleeping, and she said, ‘You got to get out there’s flames coming from your roof and smoldering,’” she said.

Stanton, who has a disability, said she was quickly rescued by firefighters, who also went back in and got her cat, Sadie.

“Everything’s gone, my neighbor’s, too. I just feel so bad for all of us,” Stanton said.

Pictures and the rest of the story here